Thursday, March 4, 2010

Torbreck The Factor Shiraz

The Factor is Torbreck's biggest and most concentrated wine. Last night I had the 2001 Torbreck The Factor. This wine is not only concentrated, but really dense - like a steak. The wine is very ripe, but not too high in alcohol (14%), certainly not hot. The 2001 does not have the complexity and nuances which I believe some other years have. The good news is the wine is still very much alive despite its ripeness.

This is a style which would not please everybody. You would probably only drink a glass or two, and probably after dinner, as opposed to with food.

I would have liked to include this wine in my poll. My guess would have been it would have ended up in the middle of the pack. I could not include it, because it is over $100/bottle. As such it is overpriced.

Score: 93/0

No comments: