Monday, March 8, 2010

Gunderloch Riesling Kabinett

It was interesting to compare another aged white wine with the Audrey Wilkinson I had the other day.

Gunderloch is well known for its world class Trockenbeerenauslese. In fact one of their 100 pointers provided me with one of maybe 5 drinking experiences where I can still 'taste the wine' in my memory. Yesterday, however, I had the 2001 Gunderloch Riesling Kabinett, which is their entry level wine.

What a contrast to the Wilkinson this was. The Gunderloch wine is smooth, tasting of apricot and honey, still quite fruity, but savoury characteristics as well. The wine has a bit of sweetness, never a Grossett, but good length and a fairly dry finish. It goes very well with Asian food. This is not my style of wine, but well made.

Score: 92/-

No comments: