Friday, January 27, 2023

Coriole Fiano

 I am not very experienced with Fiano. This 2022 Coriole Fiano is as bland as its label.


It starts with good fruit purity and flavours of green apple, pear, and grapefruit. Once the wine gets to the mid palate, it loses itself. I am not sure if it is a lack of acidity, intensity or texture. The finish is medium minus.

This is a pleasant summer drink, not very demanding. A number of wineries in McLaren Vale are pushing Fiano. I hope some more interesting wines will emerge.

Score: 86/- 


2 comments:

Zamantan said...

Their reserve (Rubato) is meant to be better fare and not outrageously priced I believe. Overall though I'd agree fiano still has a ways to go. Some of the cooler climate expressions out of Victoria offered me a bit more interest. Also Swan Valley in WA.

Alontin said...

A friend of mine sent me a comment from Italy, where at a neighbouring table a wine connoisseur ordered a white wine with the remark "anything but Fiano".