Monday, January 9, 2023

Bekkers Grenache

 Bekkers has increased its profile for high quality McLaren Vale wine slowly, but surely over the last few years. Today I review the 2017 Bekkers Grenache. I tasted this wine on release. This is my second look.


The wine shows a bright red colour with good depth - very appealing. It is quite fragrant on the nose, and very pretty and aromatic in the mouth. Raspberry and red cherry flavours show great purity. There is a sweetness on the mid-palate, which did not show in my original tasting, delivering a slightly confected taste. The tannins are soft, and the slightly fruity finish very long.

This ultra premium wine will not appeal to everybody. Savoury characters are lacking. The wine delivers Grenache typicity on the fruit level, but I would have enjoyed more complexity.

Score: 93/0




No comments: