Monday, July 4, 2022

Sami-Odi 'Mahé & Ribo' Syrah

 Sami-Odi is in the house! I reviewed the 2015 Sami-Odi 'Mahé & Ribo' Syrah a year ago, and I am interested to see how it has further developed. Today, I show the other side of the bottle.


This time, I find more complexity in the fruit profile. Blackberry, blueberry, and red fruits all show. There is some typical Shiraz sweetness on the mid-palate, but not too much. Mocca and spice flavours appear. This is quite a balanced and attractive full-bodied wine. It is bigger than the Hoffmann Dallwitz I reviewed a few days ago, but this is not a fat or overripe wine. In fact the flavours start to drop off on the back palate. This is compensated by firm, but mellowing tannins. There is a silky long finish. This wine still has many good years ahead.

Score: 95/+++


No comments: