Sunday, May 15, 2022

Klaus Lentsch Bachgart Pinot Noir

 I came across this unusual (for me, at least) wine from Südtirol in Northern Italy and thought I must try this.


The 2017 Klaus Lentsch Bachgart Blauburgunder is quite a light wine with flavours of red cherry and raspberry as well as some earthy notes. The wine has some length. It ends up being dominated by somewhat firm, slightly coarse tannins and a harsh finish. Maybe this explains why Pinot Noir is not often found in Italy.

Score: 86/-

1 comment:

Zamantan said...

Fair comment re Italian Pinot. I've only had a handful that I enjoyed. Main one that springs to mind is Due Terre near the Slovenian border https://wheresnick.com.au/products/le-due-terre-pinot-nero-2016?_pos=1&_sid=0008a6118&_ss=r (was at a tasting the shop held, quite a rich and indulgent style I found)