Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Chateau Prieuré-Lichine

It is Bastille day, reason enough to open a bottle of the quintessential French wine - Bordeaux. I decide on a 2009 Chateau Prieuré-Lichine from Margaux. Prieuré-Lichine is one of my favorite mid-tier producers from Bordeaux (I do not have many).


The wine opens up with a very fragrant bouquet, and scents of violets and wildflowers. On the palate, I first taste redcurrant and red cherry. The texture of this wine is elegant. This wine is slightly flat on the mid-palate, as earthy secondary notes take over. The firm tannins are dusty and dry. I enjoyed the smooth finish with good length.

The profile of this wine is what I would have expected from Margaux, but I am slightly disappointed with the lack of power and fruit weight from this good vintage.

Score: 93/+ 

No comments: