Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rosemount Show Reserve Chardonnay

The reason most of my reviews are quite positive is that I mainly report on wines from my cellar, and I usually taste before I buy. But being independent, I am quite happy to dish out negative reviews where they are deserved.

I tried the 2009 Rosemount Show Reserve Chardonnay on an aeroplane. What a shocker this is. Rosemount used to have access to a vast amount of Chardonnay, and some were reasonable. I have not had any of their wines for a while and don't know the current circumstances.

In any event, this wine is as industrial as you can get: no particular fruit flavour, very oaky, slightly sweet. It screems 'pump out the volume' and 'enjoy the alcohol, no matter what the taste'.

Score: 72/---

PS: I just saw this wine advertised in a merchant's brochure: oaky is 'toasty' and what I called 'no particular fruit flavour' is 'straw and melon finish'. Hilarious!

No comments: