There are some food and wine matches that stand out above all others. I was thinking about this today, as I was sipping some bone dry William Fevre Chablis accompanying fresh Patonga Creek Oysters - heavenly. What other matches come to mind?
- Tuna fillet and aged semillon
- Pasta and Sangiovese
- Duck and Pinot Noir (of course)
- Mushroom Risotto and Pinot Noir
- Lobster and rich WA Chardonnay
- Green curry and Gewuerztraminer
- Fillet steak and aged Cabernet
Any you would like to add (or disagree with)?