Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tertini Pinot Noir Reserve

The 2009 Tertini Pinot Noir Reserve is the first ever wine I tasted from the Southern Highlands (snob!). I approached this very skeptically despite a recommendation from a trusted friend - in fact, he gave me the bottle. I was in for a surprise.

This wine is medium-bodied, with red cherry flavours and attractive underlying secondary forest floor contributions. The tannins are quite fine, providing a lengthy finish. While the structure seems solid, the wine (and its colour) is quite developed. Better drink now, while it is so attractive.

This Pinot Noir can hold its own in any serious line-up. I never expected this from a Southern Highlands wine. I know nothing about this winery, but I think a visit is on the cards.

Score: 92/++

No comments: