Monday, December 23, 2013

Poll Results

You  are quite sophisticated wine drinkers, aren't you? If I had done this questionnaire standing in front of Dan Murphy's, I doubt Riesling would have gotten the most votes. It is a great choice for the Southern hemisphere, in particular with seafood and salads, which will be favourite Christmas foods. Unfortunately, the general public does not warm to it. Not surprisingly, Cabernet and Shiraz, probably special bottles, will also play a prominent role. Champagne is there, but not as much as I expected, as are the Burgundy varieties.

I am disappointed with the participation in this poll, in particular from the Northern hemisphere. My readership has greatly increased this year, yet fewer people have voted than in polls I did some time ago. Why? I think they can produce interesting snapshots.

I have not yet decided what I will drink over Christmas. It will depend less on the food than the temperature. At the moment it is too hot for me to contemplate Cabernet or Shiraz, but the weather is likely to turn. I will let you know after the event what my mix will have been.

For now, I wish everybody a MERRY AND PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS, AND A HEALTHY NEW YEAR WITH PLENTY OF GREAT WINE EXPERIENCES.    

No comments: