Friday, December 24, 2010

1990: Grange, Hill of Grace, Wendouree



Today, I am starting a process I have been looking forward to for many, many years: I opened three bottles of the best Shirazes at their 20th anniversary. I will drink and compare these over three nights: a glass each on each night.

They are looking good, the levels are high in all wines.

But then the first major obstacle. Only the Grange cork, which I pull
ed first, comes out cleanly. The others break. It is not a disaster, as I will capture the cork which fell in (it was not much) in the decanting process. But is my cellar too dry?

Results will follow after the three day event.

1 comment:

Mark Wickman said...

Nothing to do with your cellar, I've seen corks like that (from those same wines and vintages) even from the best of cellaring conditions.