Friday, June 3, 2011

Torbreck Les Amis Grenache

The 2009 Torbreck Les Amis is probably the best pure Grenache I have ever tasted. This is a big statement, but this is a very special wine.

This wine bursts out with big cherry flavours. It is a heady wine with a huge mouthfeel, length and depth of fruit, yet amazing balance. The finish goes on and on, creating a real 'wow' factor.

I have drunk Les Amis from its inception in 2001, but this vintage takes this label to a new level, and uncharted territory, I think.

Score: 97/+++

2 comments:

Chris Plummer said...

The 2005 Les Amis probably remains the most spectacular straight grenache I've had from Australia Alontin, so now I'm super excited to try the 2009 on my stay in the Barossa next month!

Is it still $185, 24 months new French oak?

Cheers,
Chris P

Alontin said...

Yes, Chris, I think type of making and price have not changed, or at least not much.

Please let me know what you think, once you have tasted the 2009.