Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lindemans Pyrus

I have not reported much on this blog over the last couple of weeks as I have been drinking wine I have reviewed previously. Tonight, however, it is time for an oldie, but goddie.

The Pyrus tends to be the smoothest of the Coonawarra trio produced by Lindemans. This 1999 Lindemans Pyrus is very pretty: pretty to look at, sniff and taste. The blackberry and blueberry fruit, delivered by Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc is quite elegant and of medium weight. The oak is in the background and well integrated. However, there is nothing that stands out in this wine. I think this is the reason why Lindemans dropped the price of the Pyrus over the years. Having said this, the wine is well made and I enjoy drinking it with steak. As tonight has shown, the Pyrus also ages pretty well - a reliable and quite satisfying drink.

No comments: